Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Saying Goodbye to...

... my favorite coat.

It's so rare to find a coat that not only is a good neutral color, but neither too heavy nor too light, plus having a perfect selection of pockets, mostly zippered. I bought the coat in New York, the Fall when I had gone there to take my father to live with us in Israel.

I had arrived in New York without a winter coat, since I had already gotten rid of my old one. And during that very hectic visit I managed to use some time I was given to literally run between a couple of stores on the "Miracle Mile," Northern Boulevard to find the best deal on a coat. I don't remember the exact price, but considering that I got about nine seasons of use from it... Yes, it was a great coat.

This year I noticed that the fabric was spontaneously ripping. Everytime I wore it, there were more unpleasant surprises. So, I decided that this would be its last season. Instead of laundering it so it would be clean to wear again, I'd throw it out. But the other day I finally admitted to myself that I looked really awful wearing a coat that was all ripped. There was no reason, and I do have another winter coat, which had been waiting patiently in my closet.

So, before I could have second thoughts I photographed it for this blog and then took it out and hung it on the garbage. Maybe somebody would want it, and I really didn't have the heart to just throw it in the bin. It had served me well.

No comments: