Wednesday, December 06, 2017

The Case of The Missing Bleach Stain*

*spoiler alert due to title, but I still  need your input

I know that stranger things may have happened, but this is a true story, and I can't figure it out.

The other day, in order to get some chronic dirt out of a pot I added bleach, along with the dish detergent and water and let it soak. My husband sometimes helps in washing dishes, and he davka did that pot.

Suddenly I heard a yell. Some of the bleach laced water splashed onto his black cotton blend slacks and he saw the spot turn white.
"My pants are ruined because of the bleach you put in the water." He shouted at me.
I tried to calmly tell him to rinse the area well with soap and water, and that I'd buy some black fabric paint to paint over the lightened section.

I laundered the slacks, letting them dry indoors, and a few days later I went off to buy fabric paint. There's a nice craft/toy store in Sha'ar Binyamin, Dusha, and that's where I finally found some black fabric paint, in an easy to apply marker.

As soon as I got home I proudly showed my purchase to my husband and asked him to bring out the cleaned black slacks. I was ready and raring to go in my quest to repair/repaint the slacks. We searched every inch of them. No bleach stain. Not a white or even light grey spot.

How could that be? Do you have any idea?


We welcome your comments, thanks.

No comments: