Saturday, December 02, 2017

Photography Fun

I'm a regular in three very different photography groups, sites, apps or whatever you want to call them. Actually, they are different and each may be one of the names I used.
  • 52Frames is a photography group that functions via facebook. Each week we're given a "challenge," some sort of "technique" we are to use within that week and send it in. Then an album is posted. It can be as simple as a black and white photo or something that sends me searching for instructions/explanations like Low Key.
  • Instagram is an unstructured photography "app," for sending photos and short videos to other members/followers via a smartphone. There's no frequency requirement. One can have a small personalized membership, of close friends and family, or it can be used as a marketing tool or anything inbetween.
  • 365project is a daily photo posting site with members all over the world. There are optional challenges, but I haven't participated in them much. I don't think there are too many Israelis in it, so I try to give an idea of my life via daily photos. 
If you're a member of these groups, say "hello;" follow me, too. 

Some photos are used for more than one of the groups/apps/sites. Here are some recent photos:

365project

Overripe Olives

Fall from the tree...
"Flower"
I used two new techniques here. Negative color and a new application recomnended by a framer. Thanks

Location: Shiloh, Israel

Critique: SHRED AWAY! I feel no pain.
This photo qualifies for the "Extra Credit" challenge: "New Technique"
Most nights I take a picture as I kick off my shoes and "share" what the pedometer has counted.
12,167 #steps #go_binyamin #shilohisrael#publicdiet #tryingtoloseweight #fitness — ‎at שילה הקדומה Ancient Shiloh‎.‎  
Most nights I take a picture as I kick off my shoes and "share" what the pedometer has counted. I then combine the two with another app, layout, and then post the product on Instagram, plus facebook and twitter.
Each of these groups suit different needs and offers different sorts of challenges for me as a photographer and a person. One thing I found very amusing. During a session of the "intergenerational group" at the Senior Adult Education program I'm in when the students were asked what surprising thing they learned about "their senior citizen," my student said:
"Batya has an instagram account!"
I don't understand why she was surprised, but... now we follow each other.

No comments: