Monday, October 16, 2017

Tip: My Tip To Make Laundry Easier


Today, daylight hours for me, was "National Laundry Day." I did about a half a dozen loads of wash. Most of the wash was hung outside to dry, and Gd decided to let us skimp on electricity. The weather was perfect.


And after my husband helped by taking in the dry wash, the real work had to be done, the sorting, folding and putting away. That's the part I don't like. That's the part I have trouble making time for.

It can be quite overwhelming and boring, too.


Years ago I'd get the kids to help me, and we'd sort the clean dry wash into baskets like these, according to family member. But now I'm stuck doing it all myself, and I don't like the old method.

 I made up a new method. I search through the wash for various kinds of items, like all of my husband's clothes go on the smaller couch for him to put away. Then, depending on my mood I make piles of other types of things. One pile at a time. To the left you can see the floor cloths all folded up. And then I put them away. So you suddenly see that less and less laundry is left to fold.

Of course, sometimes I take a break, and each time I return I find it less daunting, because I've already put away a lot of laundry, bit by bit.

And suddenly, the couch is clear, clean of laundry.


I highly suggest this method. It works for me, and I hate housework.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fold ours,as it comes out of the dryer, hang shirts and pants and then immediately put things away. I am just one of those crazy people that cannot look at it lying around. I am also nutty about ok ur bed being made and the sink free of dishes. My family says I'm a little OCD. Lol

Batya said...

And I'm the opposite.