Tuesday, August 15, 2017

New Haunt of Sorts

In taking on new challenges, I found myself wandering around Malcha near Teddy Stadium.





Literally I wandered around, since I couldn't find the entrance needed. Luckily I gave myself lots of spare time.

I also discovered that there's a fantastic bus that goes there from the Jerusalem Central Bus Station, #31. Years ago, I'd take the same number to the Malcha Mall from the center of town. I spent a good portion of the trip from Shiloh googling and examining google maps to find the best bus. I also asked for help from others. I could have just taken the #77 from Ramat Eshkol, but it certainly would have taken longer.  I had also thought of taking the #15 from the bus station to near Matan and taking the #77, #18 or #14. But I was convinced there had to be a more efficient way, and that's why I kept googling. Davka, the #31 leaves from the same stop as the #15. And even though the "board" and my "efoBus" application both insisted that it would be another 19 minutes to the next bus, one came about two minutes after I got to the stop.

And not being able to find the exact place I needed did have its advantages, I walked a lot, lots of steps.

No comments: