Sunday, July 02, 2017

Beauty Routine at My Age?

One of my friends of "similar age" goes to a lot of lectures and seminars about good health and looking young. Then she reports to me about what we really should be doing. Grrr... I'm too lazy to change much.

Since, bli eyin haraa, I'm pretty healthy, the only major health issue I have is my weight, too much of it.  It's no secret that I'm looking for a super easy, non-stressful way to lose weight. I think that lots of people would like that. Actually, if I could figure it out, I'd be a gazillionaire.

To lose weight, I have to do two basic things. One is to stick better to the eating routine, very little carbohydrates and none of those high calorie desserts or treats, which worked so successfully a few years ago.  And the other thing is to reduce food quantity, which doesn't have to be by all that much. I already exercise "enough," though more physical activity would be better. And since I'll be getting a salary from "teaching" until the end of August, I don't have a busy schedule. More to do would help the weight stay away, as long as I remember to pack meals and snacks. Too much idleness increases the appetite.

As you can see,
my bathingsuit has
sleeves and covers me up.
Actually there are two conflicting things when it comes to busy-ness and weight. If you don't have much to do, eating becomes a too frequent activity. That's no good of course. But if you don't eat frequently enough, every three-four hours, just a simple snack like a few nuts, no sugar yogurt, a fruit etc, your metabolism can go down causing weight gain, and also, when you finally eat, you may be so hungry that you eat too much and lose control.

But the recommended Beauty Routines that really turn me off. Every single one requires slathering something on your face, which then requires very careful cleaning. Now I'm going to admit something you may not believe. I don't put any creams and stuff on my face, with very few exceptions.

Before going to the outdoor pool in the morning, I will use a good sunscreen and even wear a cap with sun-visor plus dark glasses for some of my exercise in the water. aka Water Aerobics And if I know I'll be in the sun for a very long time midday I put on a hat and sunscreen whenever possible. I keep a hat in my bag that will give me some protection.

But I don't cream my face daily, nightly or even weekly. Besides lipstick, I don't wear make-up at all. I really like like the feel of cream or any other gop on my face. Periodically, I also find that soaps sting. I just prefer some water and a hot shower. Then I can scrub it clean with my towel.

From what I hear from friends, if you use any of the recommended creams, to make your skin look younger, you then must use special cleansers nightly to clean your face. To me that's just too many chemicals, and unnaturalness on sensitive skin.

What do you think?

No comments: